Back to the main page: www.flautotraverso.com
Four new models in my list of 2017:
- Traverso Carlo Palanca pitched at A=440
- Medieval tenor traverso in D, pitched at A=440 (price: 620 euros)
- Medieval alto traverso in G, pitched at A=440 (price: 490 euros)
- Medieval soprano traverso in D, pitched at A=440 (price: 360 euros)
The waiting time for a medieval flute is 3 months.
Next international exhibitions
- 10 and 11 march 2017, Schwelm recorder and traverso summit
( Schwelm, Düsseldorf, Germany)
Press and Web
Le Petit Journal
The Recorder Magazine Autumn 2009,
Annabel Knight playing on Hotteterre
Gabriel Pérsico playing on F.G.A. Kirst
Montserrat Gascón playing on J.H. Rottenburgh
Mafalda Ramos playing on C.A. Grenser
At the workshop,
Lectures on traverso & recorder
"Thomas Stanesby and The True Concert Flute"
A presentation of the baroque flute and the recorder as seen by the famous London maker
Thomas Stanesby whose workhop produced both instruments, and who,
still believing in the recorder in spite of its waning popularity,
built a version capable of playing with the traverso or even replacing it.
This lecture will be illustrated with duets by Michel Blavet,harmoniously blending the tone of both instruments.
|(Lecture in collaboration with Philippe Bolton, recorder maker)|
Many thanks to Sebastià Serra for his help,
Philippe Bolton, a master in recorder making,
Barthold Kuijken, my teacher.